10 reasons to join the Green By Design Summer Light Challenge
Thursday, 10 June 2010
I also intern as a Social Media Rep for eco-fashion resource, Green By Design. We’re doing a Summer Light Challenge= 10 pieces of clothing for 91 days. You should join…Read on for more info and just think about it… Thank you, you lovely person, you!
With the fear of nagging and harassing readers, I’m going to refuse to roll on and on in this post with an extensive informative essay about why you should join our Summer Light Challenge. If you haven’t figured out how fantastically genius this extremely gutsy, and both mentally and environmentally rewarding fashion provocation is going to be, then hopefully this docket of the ”Top 10 Reasons Why” will have you soon convinced:
10. You can do a Travel Light Summer Light Challenge. You don’t have to do the whole three month, 91 day, summer season shebang! Minimize with 10 pieces for a quick summer trip. All the benefits with out the long-term commitment.Pack light, go green, be happy!
9. You’ve got support! At some point you’re probably going to think “What on eco-earth did I do?” but have no fear. You are not alone. We’ve got your back! Not only do you have the whole staff of Green By Design to annex but other eco-leaders like editor Brad Bennett, of Commerce with a Conscience, as well as the lovelies of Sashay Magazine and Ethical Style are supporting (and surviving) this eco-accomplishment, too.
8. Master your mix and match skills. Get your creative combination juices flowing. Trying new twists and turns, pairs and partners with daring color matches and clothing styles, will produce that a clothing diet can definitely teach you a few new wardrobe wisdoms. Grab a few tips from this post to get you started.
7. Get your moneys worth out of every item. No need to feel guilty about that $273 pair of heels you just bought. Wearing them consecutively for summer’s 91 days divides into paying $3.00/day when you wear them everyday. On a daily basis, the average person spends more on a latte. Ahh…yes. Did that justification feel like boulders of your shoulders, too?
6. Discover yourself as you rock your wardrobe favorites relentlessly. After finding your favorite pieces (albeit, through trial and error) you will get to know who YOU are as a fashion icon. An “aha!” moment is bound to happen: Who knew you looked so great in yellow? or Yes, you CAN savagely rock tie-dye leggings like no other. Fashion will lead the way to the path of self-enlightenment and it shall be sweet.
5. Go guilt-free bananas with accessories! Have you seen our editor Celestyna’s pimpin’ collection? This is the fun part. Sometimes we’re so caught up in picking out our actual outfit that we neglect our own collection of darling jewels and hats which help complete our outfits. This summer, with the simplified wardrobe, you’ll have plenty of time to put together your accessory ensemble and hopefully rediscover favorite pieces that you’ve long forgotten. Be sure to check out the GBD-SLC blog featuring the power of accessories with Iris Ipfel.
4.Less Laundry… Need I say more? On to the next.
3.Simplify your summer…because you are bound to have better things to tend to. Like hanging out on the poolside, sipping mimosas, and checking out… the thermometer.
2. Support your community. Aside from helping promote your favorite Eco designers and vintage finds, do your research! Learn what’s happening in your local Eco movement and better understand the concept of Eco fashion and local initiatives on a national and global level.We’re passionate about every step that a garment takes to be made and it’s surely first-rate to know where your clothes are coming from and to make sure we give back to the places we call home.
1.Lower your carbon footprint. Most important! We’re not doing this challenge to sharpen our fashion techniques. Those are all just extra benefits that come with the real goal: Helping the environment. Less consumption, less pollution, and less disposal. Green By Design’s Summer Light Challenge is a great-hearted initiative bent on saving the world by making smarter decisions that lead to bigger impacts. Minimizing our wardrobe is only the beginning.
No soap box or speakerphone needed. Ladies and gents, this summer, our Summer Light Challenge is definitely worth a try.